In the fight to curb the global pandemic,Covid-19, The president of the republic of Uganda locked down the country for 42 days. The Uganda total lock down comes just a week after imposing a partial lock down for 42 days. But Museveni and his cabinet saw that a partial lock down was not enough to curb the fatal Covid-19. This was after they saw highly increasing infections and deaths around the country.
How does the Uganda 42 Days Lock down affect Travel?
The Uganda 42 days’ total lock down will in one way or another affect travel. Below are some of the covid 19 rules related to to travel.
- Entebbe International Airport, the main gateway to Uganda remains opens to travelers.
- There is a total ban on public and private transport. Public and private vehicles can only move when driving patients to health centers. Only cargo vehicles can move with a maximum of two people on board.
- Motorcycles/boda bodas can strictly not carry passengers. They can only carry cargo and drive not later than 5:00pm.
- Tourist vehicles are free to move as long as they have licences. They should obey the Covid-19 Standard Operating Procedures such as sanitizing critical vehicles parts and passengers, carrying identification cards and proof of booked tickets and hotel reservations to where they are going. All Mandela Safari Holidays Safari cars are licensed and meet the Covid-19 Standard Operating Procedures. There fore your Uganda safari is in safe hands with us.
- Restaurants and Hotel are to remain open. Wearing face masks in public is a must.
Way forward for the New lock down
There are a lot of sectors that affected by the new Uganda total lock down but luckily, travel to and around Uganda is still in place. All our safaris obey the Covid19 Standard Operating Procedures, safari vehicles have licenses, and we work with only hotels that meet the required standards. It is not yet clear if the discounts on gorilla permits, chimpanzee permits, and park entrance tickets will be extended after June. In case this happens, we shall communicate to you as soon as possible.